Well, it's pretty ironic that my last blog entry was from our Rome trip in May. Because this Saturday we are moving to Rome! Matt is starting a new job with Advance Rehab. He will be the director of the Cedartown clinic. We are excited about moving to Rome for a lot of great reasons: location, professional opportunity, family, friends and Rome is just a great town. However, as we start our last week in Florence, my heart is so heavy and scared. We've spent the last 5 years building our lives in S.C.; getting married, Matt's first job, my great job, our first home, our first dog and of course our first child. Living so far from our family has strengthened our marriage and our family unit. I'm so thankful for all the lessons we've learned on our own. I'm so thankful for our church where Matt and I have had the opportunity to grow spiritually as a couple. We've made so many wonderful friends, had some great adventures and have so many magical memories that we are taking with us.
Some of my favorite S.C. memories:
1. Walking on the beach with Matt the night of our wedding...holding hands, taking a leap on love
2. Canoeing in Cheraw State Park for our birthday a few years ago...it was a beautiful day!
3. Eating hot dogs @ Jack's Cosmic Dogs in Mt. Pleasant...just sitting on the porch and talking
4. Looking at the stars from our hammock in the backyard
5. Walking in our neighborhood, walking with Brady and now Reed AND Brady
And even though I'm a born and bread Georgia Peach, I'd like to think a part of me will always been "Going to Carolina" in my mind...our first home.